Saturday, October 31, 2015

Showcasing INSTRUMENTS

 Part 2: The Viola

  "The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer" - Victor Borge 

Thank you to everyone who shared their favorites with me for this post, many of which I've included. The viola is a magnificent instrument, and I am honored to share some of my favorites for this alto voice, this captivating, emotional, and heart throbbing singer. As always, please feel free to share your favorites! 

 

Reger - Viola Suite in G Minor: IV Molto Vivace 

 



W. A. Mozart - Sinfonia concertante K 364
Bruno Giuranna, viola / Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin


Rubinstein - Camerata Pacifica Sonata Viola & Piano, Op. 49
  




Also, here is a great repertoire of recent viola compositions Michael Hall shared with me. Thank you Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment